Hey guys! I was reading through some old posts about VEX Speakers:
banditofernando The real question... can it play this???
The answer is yes it can: :-)
Team 101 also did a vex speaker nyan cat video: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphJdh4tdlY
I used Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe) on Windows XP to convert the sound files (there were several small clips) to a format that the Cortex likes:
- Open Sound Recorder (Hit the Windows key, type Sound Recorder, and click the resulting link or hit enter)
- Open the sound clip you want to convert
- Click File, Save As
- By "Format:" click Change...
- Format can stay on PCM, but under Attributes, select 8.000 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono 7kb/sec (usually the top option)
- Click Ok, type a file name, then hit save.
You can use RobotC's file management (Robot Menu, Advanced Tools, File Management) to download the newly created .wav files to the Cortex.