View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Re: VEXpro - Communicating with external software

Thank you both again for the help!

The RoboRealm software has a "sockets" interface module built in. I had looked at it along with others ones trying to see what I could use. I will give it another look. Maybe between it and the pdf file Quazar sent me a link to, I can get it working.

I really wish that I could get the software provided with the article I mentioned to work though. There were detailed instructions on creating the project for the VEXpro part on the TerkIDE, but as I said, nothing for running the Java app for the pc part. The article "did" mention the app allowing you to view the streaming video coming from the VEXpro, being able to send it to RoboRealm, and pass information back. I will have to take a close look at the files for the VEXpro too.

I wish I could attach a link to the article so you could look at it, but as far as I know it's not available online. I have included the software in hopes someone might be able to take a look at it along with this link to the instructions: http://find.botmag.com/031202 . There is also a "Readme" file, but it didn't really say too much.

I don't know if the best thing might be trying to contact the authors for help or if I should forget all about trying to use that software and just focus on trying to write my own. Any thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: zip VEXpro Webcam.zip (131.5 KB, 52 views)

A former VEX Robotics Hobbyist
I miss it everyday!