Go Back   VEX Forum > Competitions > VEX Robotics Competition > VRC Clean Sweep (2009-2010 VRC Game)

Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
VEX # 1107B

Re: VEX World championships Livestream

hmmm...
and i thought that the divisions will be competely random?
this is easier to que though
since they are in order

2012 BC championships Create Award 4th seed
2012 Vancouver Island Tournament Driver Skills Champion and Design Award
British Columbia Season Opener 2011 Excellence Award and Programming Skills
Washington Jump start 2011 Tournament Champions and Drivers Skills
VEX Robotics World Championship - Inspire Award and Quarter-Finalist (7th Seed Alliance captain, with teams 10D and 40B)
British Columbia Vex championships - Judges award
Washington VRC Winter Tournament - First Seed and Excellence Award
Vancouver Island VRC tournament - First Seed, Excellence award, Drivers Skill Champions, and Tournament Champions
2010 British Columbia Season Opener - Tournament Champions
2010 Washington jump start - Tournament Champions and Amaze Award

.[/size]
Old 04-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Well, I eat my words. The Excellence Winner was from Engineering, and Math won the finals. Great job to all participants!

Now time for a little bias since I'm from Hawaii:

Team 394 was first seed in Technology, 3rd place in both Driver and Programming Skills, captain of the Technology Division Finalist alliance, and winner of the overall Middle School Excellence Award.

Team 359 was third seed in Technology and a member of the Technology Division Champion alliance.

Team 368E was eleventh seed in Science and a member of the Science Division Finalist alliance.

Team 2467B was a member of the Engineering Division Champion alliance.

Team 2504 was a member of a Math Division Semifinalist Alliance.

Team 2438A (yay) was fourteenth seed in Math, a member of a Math Division Semifinalist Alliance, and winner of the Math Division Create Award.

A big congratulations to all of the Hawaii teams representing State #50 in Dallas, and an apology to any who received special recognition which I forgot about or didn't mention.

Thanks to our terrific alliance partners teams 3141 and 2901B! See everyone next year!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
VEX # BNS

Send a message via Skype™ to tabor473

i think that the team 368E was really good and i am glad we picked them
It also helped that they could speak chinese since our other alliance partner was a chinese team
Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
VEX # BOTZ

Send a message via MSN to unclejoe Send a message via Skype™ to unclejoe

Ok... The previous post was bragging about Hawaii teams... I will admit, they are amazing... But here comes some more personal bias...

Current statistics say that there are about 55-60 million K-12 students... Of those, less than 3% are homeschooled students... So get this:

Team 44, Green Eggs Robotics, a homeschooled team, has been in the final rounds at Worlds consistently, including winning this previous year, as well as the Amaze award for their division.

Team 1103, Curahee, has been a top-competing team, has won the Skills challenges, as well as successfully placed in the top rounds... (disproving the myth that you need two different robots to play the skills and the competition...)

Team 2921, Free Range Robotics. A kiwi team from down south, that has consistently won awards and competitions both in NZ, and at Worlds

Team 3018, Techna PWN. A team that has performed well, won many awards, including one at Worlds. (and making it to semi-finals)

And yes, Team 177 (YAY!) A team that has been going to Worlds for almost as long as FTC/VRC has been around...

And I have I mentioned the countless teams that allow homeschool students to join their teams?

It seems like that there are very few homeschool teams, and they show up quite a bit in the final rounds... Just sayin...
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 AM
VEX # BUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenTwo View Post
Team 2438A (yay) was fourteenth seed in Math, a member of a Math Division Semifinalist Alliance, and winner of the Math Division Create Award.
I can't believe this dude, you dont know that stats on your own team. 2438A was in the engineering division and they didn't make it into the quater-finals. 2438B on the other hand was in the Math division and they made it to the quater-finals with 2921B. 2438B also won the Math Division Create Award. Btw its ok man, i get A and B teams mixed up all the time, its fine. By they way you guys build amazing robots so keep it up.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:02 AM

Erm. I think you might have been confused by unclejoe's massive thread bump. Check the post date; those were the results from Clean Sweep worlds.

Thanks for the compliment, though. Hope to see you again next year