Go Back   VEX Forum > Community > VEX Product Announcements

VEX Product Announcements Check here to see the latest products that have been released and announcements concerning existing VEX products.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 AM
VEX # 2190

Re: VEX Arm9 Microcontroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokul View Post
Is the Vexpro supported any more ?

I don't see any new posts and now the Terk pages at CMU (including the page that the Vexpro product page points to) seem to be shut down with a permanent maintenance message. All the projects from the CMU Terk pages are gone too.

Nothing new has shown up in the Vex forums so I am thinking this processor is pretty much unsupported and may be even dead.

Seems like I wasted my money buying this one. Does Vex have any plans of going forward with this ?
There's been some activity recently on the forums regarding the VEXPro...

http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.p...ghlight=VexPro
(I just picked out one thread for reference... there's plenty more...)

//Andrew
@RoboDesigners
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboDesigners View Post
There's been some activity recently on the forums regarding the VEXPro...

http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.p...ghlight=VexPro
(I just picked out one thread for reference... there's plenty more...)

//Andrew
The more important question - is Vex going to do anything more for the Vexpro ? Like trying to restore the Terk CMU pages ?

Most posts are from last year.
Biggest gap is for support of quad encoders, gyro, accel etc.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Location: Albany, Oregon, USA, North Western Hemisphere, Planet Tera

Quote:
Is the Vexpro supported any more ?

I don't see any new posts and now the Terk pages at CMU (including the page that the Vexpro product page points to) seem to be shut down with a permanent maintenance message. All the projects from the CMU Terk pages are gone too.

Nothing new has shown up in the Vex forums so I am thinking this processor is pretty much unsupported and may be even dead.

Seems like I wasted my money buying this one. Does Vex have any plans of going forward with this ?
Since the VEXpro is NOT VRC Legal for Middle School and High School, there are only a few Hobbyist that have purchased one so far..

The Really Good news, is that the Too-Chain is Open source and free to Download..

Both Quazar and vexbot are working with the VEXpro, and you should confer with them if you have some ideas that you would like to develop.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
Since the VEXpro is NOT VRC Legal for Middle School and High School, there are only a few Hobbyist that have purchased one so far..

The Really Good news, is that the Tool-Chain is Open source and free to Download..

Both Quazar and vexbot are working with the VEXpro, and you should confer with them if you have some ideas that you would like to develop.
Yep - let me know if you have any questions!

Quote:
... Biggest gap is for support of quad encoders, gyro, accel etc.
The quad encoders don't have official library routines yet, but they are trivial to use. There are four registers you can just directly read in your program that represent the count of encoders attached to the first 4 pairs of digital inputs.

Cheers,
- Dean