Go Back   VEX Forum > Official VEX Technical Support > UNOFFICIAL Answers - Ask the Community!

UNOFFICIAL Answers - Ask the Community! Community Members can provide UNOFFICIAL answers to the questions from the "locked" forum above.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
VEX # 42B

Cortex not recognized by computer

My cortex microcontroller is not being recognized by my programming laptop. I checked to make sure that I have updated drivers, but cannot connect to the robot in any way, even after putting it in bootload mode. Bootload mode doesn't seem to work though, because the game light is not flashing green. I've used two different USB A-A cables with no result.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Location: Albany, Oregon, USA, North Western Hemisphere, Planet Tera
Re: Cortex not recognized by computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by walle1357 View Post
My cortex microcontroller is not being recognized by my programming laptop. I checked to make sure that I have updated drivers, but cannot connect to the robot in any way, even after putting it in bootload mode. Bootload mode doesn't seem to work though, because the game light is not flashing green. I've used two different USB A-A cables with no result.
With the Ver 3.x Master Code loaded, you should see in the Device Manager, under "Ports (COM & LPT)" Section, "Vex Robotics Comm Port (COM?)", with the Question Mark representing the actual Com Port Number, mine is "8"..

I believe when in the Download Mode, the Vex Cortex will have entries under the "Human Interface Devices" Section, like it did before the Ver 3.x update.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM
VEX # 42B

When I looked in Device Manager, there was only an "Unknown Device" which I knew to be the Cortex (because Windows kept giving me error messages about "USB device not recognized"). There is no Com/LPT ports section, but when I get back to my programming laptop I will check under HIDs.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM
VEX # 3018

You need to download drivers for the Cortex (you can find those here: )
http://content.vexrobotics.com/downl...ler_110111.zip
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16a
2012 Eastern Iowa Judges Award/Tournament Champions
2012 Wildstang Regional Amaze Award
2012 Geneseo Regional Excellence Award/Alliance Champion/Programming Skills Award
2011 World Championship Innovate Award
2011 US Nationals Excellence Award

Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
VEX # 42B

It turned out that our laptop was bad, we did a System Restore and everything worked... Somewhat interesting.