Go Back   VEX Forum > Community > VEX Robot Showcase

VEX Robot Showcase Post photos and descriptions of your robots here. Make suggestions and comments on other's robots.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
VEX # NAR

Send a message via AIM to AndrewRemmers1902 Send a message via Skype™ to AndrewRemmers1902
Re: Vexmen Robot Reveal

Holy Scissor Lift Batman! Thats a cool Scissor Lift on Nightcrawler! As much as I dislike the mechanism as a whole I'd really like to see how you did that in more detail!

- Andrew
Old 04-13-2012, 11:52 AM
VEX # 1148A

Juggernaut looks just my old gateway robot. We couldn't quite reach the 30 in goal though.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
VEX # 80

Quote:
Juggernaut looks just my old gateway robot. We couldn't quite reach the 30 in goal though.
Juggernaut's lift is a bit hard to describe. Call it a "5 bar lift" or "almost a 6 bar lift". I don't want to start a symmantics argument on what it really is called. Once they split out the single arm lift to this it got them up to the 30" goal. By being asymmetric, it's a little off kilter but it scores and that's really all that matters.

Missing from the picture are the wheelie prevention weights up front since they geared it for speed since the picture was taken. These kids can drive pretty darn well and are good especially in isolation zone starts where there are a bunch of lower goals requiring 2 pieces at a time.

It is called Juggernaut so it's coming to get ya using it's head and fists.

The Vexmen, Downingtown, PA, USA