Go Back   VEX Forum > Community > General Forum

General Forum Open Discussion of the VEX Robotics System that can be answered by anyone. VEX Robotics Engineers will not answer questions posted here; see Official VEX Technical Support below.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:49 AM

Exclamation Interaction with gate.

i came to know of the rule about interacting with the gate for more than 5 secs during the game.does this also apply to the autonomous?like the robot accidentally touches the gate due to external factors.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 AM
VEX # 2001

Re: Interaction with gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizopath View Post
i came to know of the rule about interacting with the gate for more than 5 secs during the game.does this also apply to the autonomous?like the robot accidentally touches the gate due to external factors.
Yes, it still does apply. Unless otherwise noted, most rules apply to both autonomous and driver control. I'm guessing the reason is that teams might want to raise their gate during autonomous (which is legal). But it would be hard if a robot is preventing them from lifting it. Here is <SG12>:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEX Gateway Manual
<SG12> Robots may not interact with the Gate for more than five (5) seconds or after there are thirty-five
(35) seconds remaining in the Match. Robots may not interfere with the raising of the Gate, nor may they
lift the Gate. Violations of this rule will result in a Disqualification.
It doesn't say driver control only. So I guess we need to be careful with our autonomous. Glad to help!
Rippon Middle School- Excellence Award Winners, Tournament Finalists, 5th Seed
VEX Mid-Atlantic Championship- Middle School Excellence Award Winners, Technology Quarterfinalists, 13th Seed
VEX Middle School World Championship- Finished 39th/76 in Spirit division
Old 04-14-2012, 06:08 AM
VEX # 4542

Re: Interaction with gate.

Yes, it applies to autonomous as well: http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.php?t=60562