Go Back   VEX Forum > Official Technical Support > UNOFFICIAL Tech Support - Ask the Community!

UNOFFICIAL Tech Support - Ask the Community! Community Members can provide UNOFFICIAL answers to Tech Support Questions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Kris Kris is offline
Junior Member
VEX # 10D
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 14
Re: driving over elements

Somthing that 10D has found usefull is that we have a slanted front plate on our chassis so that the objects just get pushed up and out of the way.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:19 PM
SweetMochi SweetMochi is offline
Senior Member
VEX # 1492
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 614
Re: driving over elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Somthing that 10D has found usefull is that we have a slanted front plate on our chassis so that the objects just get pushed up and out of the way.
Yeah 1492X has found the taper extremely useful since we first used it in December. A horizontal taper also helps squeeze into corners, not so sure about a vertical taper.
__________________
1492 Team W.A.S.A.B.I.
2010/2011 Round Up World Champions (Thanks Team 44 and Team 1114M)

2011/2012 Gateway Division Semifinalists x3

2012/2013 Sack Attack Division Champions x2
-1492X Third in the World!
-1492A Fourth in the World!

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Kris Kris is offline
Junior Member
VEX # 10D
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 14
Re: driving over elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMochi View Post
Yeah 1492X has found the taper extremely useful since we first used it in December. A horizontal taper also helps squeeze into corners, not so sure about a vertical taper.
Ya, since our NZ intake reaches far enough out, we have found that with just our horizontal taper it allows us to drive and score anywhere. It also helps us push it really helps because of our transmission
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
SweetMochi SweetMochi is offline
Senior Member
VEX # 1492
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 614
Re: driving over elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Ya, since our NZ intake reaches far enough out, we have found that with just our horizontal taper it allows us to drive and score anywhere. It also helps us push it really helps because of our transmission
Since your taper is pretty much a mini ramp, does it have any legality issues? What happens if a robot drives up the taper and tips? XD
__________________
1492 Team W.A.S.A.B.I.
2010/2011 Round Up World Champions (Thanks Team 44 and Team 1114M)

2011/2012 Gateway Division Semifinalists x3

2012/2013 Sack Attack Division Champions x2
-1492X Third in the World!
-1492A Fourth in the World!

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Kris Kris is offline
Junior Member
VEX # 10D
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 14
Re: driving over elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMochi View Post
Since your taper is pretty much a mini ramp, does it have any legality issues? What happens if a robot drives up the taper and tips? XD
We have never had any legality issues, because the taper is steep enough to just lift 2 wheels barely off the ground, and we make sure that we do not raise the arm, we have never tipped anyone even when pushing them while their arm was up, so in short, no
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.


VEX and VEX Robotics are trademarks or service marks of Innovation First International, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2013. All Rights Reserved. VEX Robotics, Inc. is a subsidiary of Innovation First International, Inc.
All other product names/marks of others are the property of their respective owners.