Go Back   VEX Forum > Competitions > VEX Robotics Competition > VRC Sack Attack (2012-2013 VRC Game)

Old 04-24-2012, 06:40 AM
VEX # 4886A

Send a message via Yahoo to richard60
Exclamation Re: Sacks Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdsa View Post
are you guys for real?
i think they are crazy

4886a

Aperture science

Cheers,

Richard P

PS: Never change field object (Really? Why?)
Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 AM

Re: Sacks Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdsa View Post
are you guys for real?
Of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicode View Post
Why would you do that? You know that the elements develop soft spots over time right? That was a big problem at Round Up in worlds, where everyone was practicing with older rings that were softer, and had slightly different gripping properties than brand new rings. Machine washing probably expedites this process.
I haven't done any machine washing yet of course, but washing the old game objects never caused an issue - in fact, I don't remember our practice objects ever getting soft. Maybe it helped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeral_Being View Post
As they are Duck Canvas and filled with small pellets, I see no reason you could not machine wash them. Again, I recommend against it.
Cool, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard60 View Post
what did you do to the new field objects to have to wash them now?
Hahaha, about that...
I kid, I kid. But it does help those with OCD to handle them, and they can get pretty dirty with high school kids touching them with who-knows-what on their hands in dirty high school gymnasiums.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 AM
VEX # 4886A

Send a message via Yahoo to richard60
Smile Re: Sacks Query

Team 4886A
Aperture Science
Gateway Season:
New Hampshire VRC Championship 2011 - Tournament Finalists
QCC VEX Robotics Competition Massachusetts State Championship - Semi-Finalists
Mount Washington Valley VEX Regional - Tournament Champions
Green Mountain VEX Challenge - First Seed, Design Award, and Programming Skills Champion
Maine VEX Championship - Programming and Driver Skills Champions, Create award, Tournament Champions, Undefeated 13-0-0
W-L VEX Scrimmage - 2nd seed (top 3 received Tournament Champion)
Northern New England VEX Robotics Championship - Excellence Award
2012 World Championship - Technology Semi-finalists Thank you team 2243B and 1492X!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 AM

I say don't concern yourself with washing a fabric game element. Even the durable game elements used thus far would only be wiped clean with a damp cloth by our team if need, but I seldom recall doing that at all. At a competition, the concern would be replacement if they were damaged.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
VEX # 7581H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeral_Being View Post
I would NOT recommend washing gameplay objects. Ever. At competitions, the pieces will be new, and if your design is perfected on worn and weakened structures, you have no idea what the differences would be.

As they are Duck Canvas and filled with small pellets, I see no reason you could not machine wash them. Again, I recommend against it.
Not necessarily true. The tournament organizers in our region cooperate a lot with each other, so the fields at one tournament here are usually used again for at least one later tournament. And many times, between tournaments, the organizers will let teams practice with field elements and game objects, and take them back for each tournament.

2014 VEX World Excellence Champions
Science Division 4th Seed Alliance Captains, Quarterfinalists (thanks 359B and 2323G for a great run!)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The VEX Raptors View Post
Not necessarily true. The tournament organizers in our region cooperate a lot with each other, so the fields at one tournament here are usually used again for at least one later tournament. And many times, between tournaments, the organizers will let teams practice with field elements and game objects, and take them back for each tournament.
yeah.... i guess we're gonna have to handle those sacks with care and keep them clean!!!!