Go Back   VEX Forum > Community > General Forum

General Forum Open Discussion of the VEX Robotics System that can be answered by anyone. VEX Robotics Engineers will not answer questions posted here; see Official VEX Technical Support below.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to SCrossley Send a message via MSN to SCrossley Send a message via Skype™ to SCrossley
Re: Colorblindness and Sacks

I'm only partial too, and had a less noticeable issue during clean sweep, when I asked one of my teammates why the red alliance had weirdly shaped balls when the blue alliance got nice spherical ones. Apparently they are orange and green, not red and blue...

On the topic of "live" objects, I haven't seen the sacks in person yet, but the photos/videos from Worlds that I've seen are barely better than the online info.

Red and Blue is usually a good mix. Black and White for the special barrels was good too (at least as far as I've heard). I guess it will always be difficult to find objects with enough contrast that aren't red and blue - maybe vex could look into patterning objects as well as colouring them differently?

From the sounds of it we'll end up marking them in NZ, seeing as we have multiple people who need them. I hope vex will do similar for worlds.
Maybe we need some kind of uniform marking between regions, so that people competing in a different regional/at Worlds won't be looking for the wrong mark?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 AM
VEX # 4886A

Send a message via Yahoo to richard60
Smile Re: Colorblindness and Sacks

sorry hope you find away around it

4886a

Aperture science

The only Vermont Teams

cheers and good luck,

Richard P
Old 04-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Location: Albany, Oregon, USA, North Western Hemisphere, Planet Tera

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsalive View Post
I am partially colour blind, and personally I thought the green sacks were closer in colour to the grey field tiles. The yellow/gold tiles are really bright and significantly different in colour to the green sacks. I don't know what it would be like for a fully colour blind person though.
Are you considered Red-Green Colourblind?? Your description would indicated that.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
VEX # 254E

The problem is, many people already have bought the new game objects, so they would not be able to change to colors without upsetting many more people.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
VEX # 569C

I dont think colour blindness would be much of a problem considering that there are 98 of one and 4 of the other. I am not colour blind but it seems that there would be alot more of one colour than the other.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 PM
VEX # 1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinc View Post
I dont think colour blindness would be much of a problem considering that there are 98 of one and 4 of the other. I am not colour blind but it seems that there would be alot more of one colour than the other.
Color blindness isn't exactly about seeing the "wrong" colors per se. Rather that the green and yellow colors of the two types of sacks will look alike making it seem like there are 102 sacks of only one color. Nobody would be complaining if my red looked like your blue and your blue looked like my red. We would both go on calling them by what we know and we would both be able to differentiate them.

2011/2012 Gateway Division Semifinalists x3

2012/2013 Sack Attack Division Champions x2
-1492X Third in the World!
-1492A Fourth in the World!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
VEX # 4542

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMochi View Post
Color blindness isn't exactly about seeing the "wrong" colors per se. Rather that the green and yellow colors of the two types of sacks will look alike making it seem like there are 102 sacks of only one color. Nobody would be complaining if my red looked like your blue and your blue looked like my red. We would both go on calling them by what we know and we would both be able to differentiate them.
Ah, Plato's allegory of the cave.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
VEX # 1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicode View Post
Ah, Plato's allegory of the cave.
I've always wondered what the philosophical equivalent to the "individual reality" concept was. Thank you magicode and thank you Wikipedia

2011/2012 Gateway Division Semifinalists x3

2012/2013 Sack Attack Division Champions x2
-1492X Third in the World!
-1492A Fourth in the World!