Go Back   VEX Forum > Competitions > VEX Robotics Competition

Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 AM

World Championship Perks and Questions

As the mentor for the 569 teams I have some questions since we were fortunate enough to win the world championship this year.

Besides the trophy and banner, are there any other perks to being crowned world champion?

1. Rumor has it you are automatically qualified for next years world championship. Is this true? If so do you still have to pay the registration fee?

2. Rumor has it you get a certain amount of $ to use for VEX items at on Vexrobotics.com. Is this true?

3. Any other perks that we are unaware of?

In addition, I was thinking of not using the "569" number anymore because it causes confusion among our teams. I want all of our teams to be 569 and then designated with a letter. For example the 2011/12 Team 569 would be 569A for 2012/13. All other teams would be 569B,C,D, etc. Would this be an issue IF team 569 is qualified for the 2013 world championships? Please let me know before I register our teams for next year.

Also, my school has expressed interest in putting our world championship banner up in the gym. I love the idea but would also like it to be in our robotics room as well. Is there any possibility of getting or purchasing another one?

Thank you,

Kevin Bradley
kbradley@murrieta.k12.ca.us
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
RECF
VEX # RECF

Re: World Championship Perks and Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley4kevin View Post
As the mentor for the 569 teams I have some questions since we were fortunate enough to win the world championship this year.

Besides the trophy and banner, are there any other perks to being crowned world champion?

1. Rumor has it you are automatically qualified for next years world championship. Is this true? If so do you still have to pay the registration fee?
Yes, your team automatically qualifies for the 2013 World Championship. Yes, you still have to pay the entry fee.

Quote:
2. Rumor has it you get a certain amount of $ to use for VEX items at on Vexrobotics.com. Is this true?
No, it is not.

Quote:
Just the knowledge that the team did very well.

Quote:
In addition, I was thinking of not using the "569" number anymore because it causes confusion among our teams. I want all of our teams to be 569 and then designated with a letter. For example the 2011/12 Team 569 would be 569A for 2012/13. All other teams would be 569B,C,D, etc. Would this be an issue IF team 569 is qualified for the 2013 world championships? Please let me know before I register our teams for next year.
Send an email to events@robotevents.com. We would be happy to substitute "569A" for "569" in the prequalifiers.

Quote:
Also, my school has expressed interest in putting our world championship banner up in the gym. I love the idea but would also like it to be in our robotics room as well. Is there any possibility of getting or purchasing another one?
I'll see if I can find out for you.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 AM

Thanks so much Rick. Believe me, the students and I are still on cloud 9 after this years world championships. I was awestruck by their performance and very appreciative of the opportunities VEX has provided our program. Win or lose it was a great experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick TYler View Post
Send an email to events@robotevents.com. We would be happy to substitute "569A" for "569" in the prequalifiers.
I'm a little confused on your answer. I have yet to register for Sack Attack, although I plan to do so very soon. So my question is can I register this years team 569 as 569A for next year? This would mean I would NOT register a team under the 569 "number only" format. Thanks again.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:35 AM
RECF
VEX # RECF

Quote:
I'm a little confused on your answer. I have yet to register for Sack Attack, although I plan to do so very soon. So my question is can I register this years team 569 as 569A for next year? This would mean I would NOT register a team under the 569 "number only" format. Thanks again.
Taking this to email...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 PM
VEX Robotics

Quote:
You get to politely ask game announcers and MCs to introduce you as "Defending World Champions!" for the next season, and as "Former World Champions" for all seasons after that.

You're that much closer to being introduced as "TWO Time World Champions!"

Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVN View Post
You get to politely ask game announcers and MCs to introduce you as "Defending World Champions!" for the next season, and as "Former World Champions" for all seasons after that.

You're that much closer to being introduced as "TWO Time World Champions!"

Haha. Good Point...and Great Perks!!!