Go Back   VEX Forum > Competitions > VEX Robotics Competition > VRC Elevation (2008-2009 VRC Game)

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Rick TYler's Avatar
Rick TYler Rick TYler is offline
RECF
VEX # RECF
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posts: 2,210
Images: 84
2009 World Championship Detailed Results

After all you IFI folks have had a chance to rest and recover, do you think you might be able to print the Worlds qualifying match results and standings into PDF files? The same for elimination results would be nice too. We did this for all the teams attending the Northwest tournaments and it was well-received.

Thanks!!

It just occurred to me that a nice feature in the tournament software would be "export match results and standings to Excel." We printed them to PDF and then manually (and painfully) converted them to Excel. If IFI could just take the match results and standings and dump it to CSV or XLS docs it would make it simple for teams to create scouting databases from it. (Sorry -- I do software product design for a living and find it hard to control myself sometimes. )
__________________
Robotics Education and Competition Foundation (RECF), Northwestern US and Western Canada, and Online Challenges

Last edited by Rick TYler; 05-04-2009 at 01:58 PM.
  #2  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Dave Flowerday Dave Flowerday is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Barrington, IL
Posts: 162
Re: 2009 World Championship Detailed Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick TYler View Post
After all you IFI folks have had a chance to rest and recover, do you think you might be able to print the Worlds qualifying match results and standings into PDF files? The same for elimination results would be nice too. We did this for all the teams attending the Northwest tournaments and it was well-received.
I'm sure you know this already, but the match results and final rankings are all available online at:
http://www.vexrobotics.com/champions...09/results.php
Additionally, I have the match databases on my machine - I'll generate PDFs as soon as I get a chance and post them.
Quote:
It just occurred to me that a nice feature in the tournament software would be "export match results and standings to Excel." We printed them to PDF and then manually (and painfully) converted them to Excel. If IFI could just take the match results and standings and dump it to CSV or XLS docs it would make it simple for teams to create scouting databases from it. (Sorry -- I do software product design for a living and find it hard to control myself sometimes. )
Exporting the teams, match, and rankings information to Excel (via CSV) is already a feature in the Tournament Manager. Perhaps you missed it? It's located under File->Export. We do software product design for a living too
  #3  
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Rick TYler's Avatar
Rick TYler Rick TYler is offline
RECF
VEX # RECF
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posts: 2,210
Images: 84
Re: 2009 World Championship Detailed Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Flowerday View Post
Exporting the teams, match, and rankings information to Excel (via CSV) is already a feature in the Tournament Manager. Perhaps you missed it? It's located under File->Export. We do software product design for a living too
Mr. Smartypants...

Thanks. I was looking into the reports section, not the File. I think software professionals are the worst -- we never read documentation until things go terribly wrong. After all, if the developers can't read our minds, what use are they?
__________________
Robotics Education and Competition Foundation (RECF), Northwestern US and Western Canada, and Online Challenges
  #4  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Dave Flowerday Dave Flowerday is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Barrington, IL
Posts: 162
Re: 2009 World Championship Detailed Results

Here are all the detailed reports from this weekend's events.
  #5  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Dave Flowerday Dave Flowerday is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Barrington, IL
Posts: 162
Re: 2009 World Championship Detailed Results

Here's the rankings (the forum would only allow me to attach 5 files per post).
  #6  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Rick TYler's Avatar
Rick TYler Rick TYler is offline
RECF
VEX # RECF
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posts: 2,210
Images: 84
Re: 2009 World Championship Detailed Results

Thanks, Dave. This is terrific stuff.
__________________
Robotics Education and Competition Foundation (RECF), Northwestern US and Western Canada, and Online Challenges
  #7  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Dave Flowerday Dave Flowerday is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Barrington, IL
Posts: 162
Re: 2009 World Championship Detailed Results

The PDF for the Technology eliminations that was posted above was not correct. The correct one is attached to this post. Sorry for the confusion.
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 PM.


VEX and VEX Robotics are trademarks or service marks of Innovation First International, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2013. All Rights Reserved. VEX Robotics, Inc. is a subsidiary of Innovation First International, Inc.
All other product names/marks of others are the property of their respective owners.