Go Back   VEX Forum > Other Technical Support > EasyC Technical Support Q&A

EasyC Technical Support Q&A Ask EasyC Support Questions Here -- Get Answers from the Experts!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 AM

Programming in easyC Frequently Asked Questions & Code Examples

Where can I learn to program in easyC?

- The best method for you learn easyC is to use the help file, there are Tutorials under "Getting Started".

- Brad Miller of WPI made a video to help with programming the Vex Robot. Note the Master Code Version should be v8
Programming Video High Res
Programming Video Low Res

easyC Pro Video Tutorials
http://www.intelitekdownloads.com/easyCPRO/tutorials/

Where can I find the Clean Sweep Template
easyC V2 & Pro now allows you to create your own "Template" using Competition Projects. You can also switch back
and forth between VexNet and Crystal Competitions without changing your code. See Competition Templates in the help file for more details.

What is Master Code V10 and why do I need it?

There are two programs stored in the controller, the master and the user. The master code allows your user code to interface with the Vex hardware. The user cannot edit the master code. The user program is the set of custom instructions you download to the controller. Master code V10 is required in order to use the VRC Competition Projects in easyC V2 or Pro.

How do I move easyC V1 files into easyC V2?

Open easyC V2, select "Add Existing Function" from the Options menu. Select the Main function of your easyC V1 project. You will have to rename the main function to something like “autonomous_code”.

My Vex USB adapter stopped working

This can happen if you unplug the programming cable from the USB port after every time you download a program. The programming cable was designed to be disconnected from the robot side of the cable, not the USB side. You should leave the USB side of the programming cable connected to your PC. If you are having a hard time downloading programs to your robot, it could be a USB problem. Disconnect the programming cable from your computer and restart the computer. Once the computer is up, reconnect the USB adapter.

Where can I get some sample code
Using a Bumper Switch to Start a Program
Closed Loop Control Example Multitasking - Potentiometer
Closed Loop Control Example - Potentiometer
Using Limit Switches
Custom Arcade Mode
Penumatics Example Code
Ultrasonic Sample Program
Encoder Sample Program
Custom Channel 5 & 6 Program
Using the serial port in easyCPro by Quazar - Advanced
Selecting Multiple Autonomous Modes with Jumpers

Current Versions of easyC: V2-PIC : 2.9.4.0 , PRO-PIC : 3.1.4.0 , V4-Cortex : 4.2.1.7

Like Intelitek on Facebook

Last edited by kingofl337; 11-05-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Closed Thread