Go Back   VEX Forum > Other Technical Support > ROBOTC Technical Support Q&A

ROBOTC Technical Support Q&A Ask ROBOTC Support Questions Here -- Get Answers from the Experts!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 PM

Runaway Robot

Hi Guys,
Is there code that will respond to a dropped WIFI link and shut down the motors? We run the PWM outputs from the motor ports through a big amplifier to drive cim motors. When the WIFI link drops (common ocurrence) the motors run away and the bot crashes at high speed.

thanks!

Team Homer (Boy Scout Merit Badge Team)
Old 02-20-2012, 03:39 PM

Re: Runaway Robot

Hi Homer,

What version of ROBOTC are you using? The last time that I checked, when Wifi drops out, the motors should stop.
www.ROBOTC.net
Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM

Re: Runaway Robot

Hi Jessie,

We are using the latest release of RobotC. I think it is 3.05. It has rhe automatic firmware updates. However, the problem is not with the Cortex or RobotC. It is with the default on the Sabertooth amplifier from Dimension Engineering. I finally go through to one of their technical guys and he explanined how to change the defaults. I have not yet verified the fix, but I think that we are on the right track. Thanks again for the help.

Team homer and the BSA Robotics Merit Badge team