Go Back   VEX Forum > Competitions > VEX Robotics Competition > VRC Gateway (2011-2012 VRC Game)

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 PM
VEX # 400X

How Worlds Works?

I personally have never been to worlds before and I don't know how it works and after reading a few other threads, I am curious as to how the divisions system works. If I practice and strategize with another team at my school, is there a chance that I won't be able to compete with them if i'm in a different division? It might seem like an obvious answer but I've never been and don't know.
Thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 PM

Re: How Worlds Works?

There is only one middle school division so your teams will all be together.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 PM
VEX # 400X

Awesome,
Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 AM
VEX # 1000B

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexengineer98 View Post
There is only one middle school division so your teams will all be together.
There isn't going to be only one division unfortunately. There have been in past years since there were less middle school teams, but this year there are 160 middle school teams going to world's, which is way too many for only one division, so there will probably be 2 middle school divisions and they will split the middle school teams in half so that teams from the same school will be in different divisions. Last year every division at world's other than college had around 104 teams but this year the divisions will be around 80.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
VEX # 9378E

Teams from each division compete as if they were in separate tournaments, then the winning alliance from each division compete against each other.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 AM
VEX # 2880A

Send a message via Skype™ to 1412A

I highly doubt that middle school will be divided since there are so many teams I think you could have less qualifying rounds but that is it there might be a possibility for 2 or more divisions idk can a official please clarify how many divisions middle school has
Semi-finalists- Houston (3x), Galveston, Austin
Though you have made me see troubles many and bitter you will restore my life again Psalm 71:20
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1412A View Post
I highly doubt that middle school will be divided since there are so many teams I think you could have less qualifying rounds but that is it there might be a possibility for 2 or more divisions idk can a official please clarify how many divisions middle school has
If you post in this forum: http://www.vexforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=376 you are more likely to get an official answer. Or read the official answer to someone else's question.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
VEX # 1200B

Send a message via Skype™ to Hen Janko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Teams from each division compete as if they were in separate tournaments, then the winning alliance from each division compete against each other.
I thought that after the Alliance Selections were over that all of the alliances from all the divisions would face off against each other
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
VEX # 1200

Send a message via Skype™ to mbrunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen Janko View Post
I thought that after the Alliance Selections were over that all of the alliances from all the divisions would face off against each other
the teams that win their division tournament will advance to the finals where they will face teams that won the other divisions
2009 Tournament Finalist SMC Regional 2010 Tournament Finalist & Excellence Award Batavia Regional 2010 Tournament Finalist Wildstang Regional 2011 Tournament Champions & Excellence Award Batavia Regional 2011 Tournament Finalists & Excellence Award SMC Regional 2011 Tournament Champions & Excellence Award Xavier Regional 2011 Worlds Technology 13 After Qualifying 2011 Worlds Technology Amaze Award 2011 Driver Skills Award Waukesha West 2011 Tournament Champion Waukesha West 2011 Excellence Award Waukesha West 2011 Tournament Finalist Wildstang Regional 2011 Think Award Winner Wildstang Region 2012 Programming Skills Award Berlin BEAST 2012 Driver Skills Award Berlin BEAST 2012 Tournament Champion Berlin BEAST 2012 Driver Skills Award SMC Regional 2012 Programming Skills Award SMC Regional 2012 Tournament Champion SMC Regional 2012 Excellence Award SMC Regional 2012 Programming Skills Award Upper Midwest Vex Regional 2012 Tournament Champion Upper Midwest Vex Regional 2012 Excellence Award Upper Midwest Vex Regional
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM

Yes, that's how the divisions will work.

I think they should put the MS winner and the HS winner up against the college winners in a 4 on 2 match. There are lots of game elements for everyone to score. Two robots in the Ms/Hs iso, three in the interaction, one in the college iso. I'd be even willing to put up prize money and trophies for the winners.

(We try to play the HS vs MS roboteers in split events if there is time. MS is pretty hard core, they've come within a point or two of winning in the past few events)
  • 2011 - Round Up World Championship - Think, Teamwork and Excellence Awards -- PSU Firefight - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Junior Division & 3 Design Awards
  • 2010 - Mentor of the Year - VEX Clean Sweep World Championship --- VEX Champion, VEX Swept Away at IRI --- PSU Firefight 2nd & 3rd Junior Division
Downingtown Area Robotics Web site and VEXMen Team Site come see what we can do for you.