I think it would be fun to make a list of all of the common stereotypical teams you always see at competitions.
This list is not meant to harass teams that could unfortunately fall in some the worst stereotype.
- The school with 4-6 teams, and only 1 of them is in the top 6
- The school with 3-5 teams that occupy all but 1st place
- The 2 middle school teams with the decent robot, and the one that the coaches are trying to make work 5 minutes before the match
- The private team with like 3 people that is in 1st or 2nd place (They also sit around and do nothing in between matches)
- The private team with like 3 people that has a half working robot, but somehow gets to reigonals
- The really good team with 8 people that is really annoying to compete against
- The new team that has a robot which can only do one thing, but gets 3rd seed
- The team that did not expect to get alliance captain, who looks at the list of teams, and chooses the 2nd robot from #3
And lastly but not leastly,
9. The team of 7-9 6th graders, who totally had nothing to do with building the robot, and gets 1st seed EVERY FREAKING TIME, but you are thankful that they are in the separate MS competition