11 New Online Challenges begin today!

11 New Online Challenges have opened today, September 1, 2020 and will close on December 8, 2020. Any questions, email onlinechallenges@roboticseducation.org.

You may view the challenges at https://challenges.robotevents.com/

More challenges coming soon!!!

12 Likes

Could you send a link to the challenges please

1 Like

post is updated with the link! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks 20 characters

I might actually have to try competing in this one this year to chance at getting a worlds qualification.

https://challenges.robotevents.com/challenge/119/vex-robotics-competition-cad-engineering-challenge

That’s the IQ one my guy

1 Like

Oh you right. Fixed that.

1 Like

Hey, the TI Challenge is back! That was really fun and influenced my desire to go into EE.

3 Likes

What do these acronyms mean?

too bad the game design challenge is gone. I would have liked to compete in that.

2 Likes

@Sylvie This is just a guess, but TI is texas instruments and EE is electrical engineering

6 Likes

You are correct

@tweber
Hi,
I have a quick question about the online challenges this year, specifically regarding the team website online challenge. On the description page for the website challenge, it states that the 1st place prize is a $750 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate, but does not include any information about the winning team qualifying for VEX Worlds. I was a bit confused because in previous years, the winning team was always awarded a position at Worlds. Will it be different this year and why?

Additionally, further down on the page, it still states that one team will win the qualification spot to VEX Worlds. Is this just a typo that hasn’t been changed yet?

WebsiteOnlineChallenge

Thanks!

9 Likes

I notice the annotated skills challenge requires you to upload your code. Does anyone know whether submissions will be public, thus discouraging higher end teams from publishing their entire program for anyone to copy/steal? Even if it is released at the end of the season when it is too late to affect this season, the most difficult part and the part that separates most levels of autonomous is the drive control, which will always carry over to the next season.

2 Likes

If someone has high-level enough code for someone to steal, it’s probably too hard for a thief to make work.

2 Likes

For the most part yes, but there is a reason pilons waited so long to release their actual odom code. With advanced stuff like that you don’t always want to give everything away

2 Likes

thank you for the message. The website challenge information has been updated and should answer all questions regarding it.

As always, please email onlinechallenges@roboticseducation.org for questions or concerns.

4 Likes

Hi Joey,

For this challenge all files will be hidden from the public. Links and videos will only be visible to admin, editor, and judges.

7 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

Petition - bring back the animation competition.

6 Likes