2012 PA State Championship

I just wanted to start a thread and say good luck to all of the teams attending this weekend’s Pennsylvania VEX State Championship. From looking at the list of teams, it should be extremely competitive. Just from a glance, 24’s,76,677,3057, & 3086 - this is going to be a great event.

ya we’re pretty excited! Good luck to everyone who’s going!

I originally wanted the 4886 teams to go. But since we’re from Vermont, and the drive is 7 hours, the rest of our members didn’t want to go… Good luck at the meet.

yes its gonna be tough however most teams know that 3086 and 24 try to qualify other teams.

Holy cow all of the ACME teams are coming now too, this event just got turned up to 11.

http://robotevents.com/robot-competitions/vex-robotics-competition/pennsylvania-state-championship.html

Only need three more teams to reach the 80 team goal. If you are in the area come on out!

Any ideas on about how many qualification matches we can expect to play?

Sounds like it should be a great event! I’m really looking forward to going.

Cheese:
You’re on for Robot and Programming Skills. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I’m a little worried about the status of our Programming Skills routine, but I think we’ve got Robot Skills covered if I can drive with my sister as well as my regular driving partner and I did. Oh, and did I mention we got autonomous working more efficiently? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Be scared. :rolleyes:)

Haha, see y’all there! :slight_smile:

~Jordan

Out of curiosity around what point mark is your programming skills? So far our programming skills hasn’t really had time to be worked on so i’m debating whether I should stay up all night friday working on it…not sure though. Looking forward to competing with you guys. It will be fun to have some dominant teams battling it out.

For both of you above, what is your projected score for your programming skills? And Cheese, how about you?

oh, don’t worry i made my drive faster now. so it’s on! Programing you can have 18 is a good number for me. It’s going to be a good competition. Can’t wait! :smiley: -Tim

Ok, at least that means I won’t have to pull an all nighter friday. Cause I had a routine that would technically be able to score like 30 something but it would have taken me a REALLY long time to work out all the kinks. Responding to the above question, I think I’m gonna attempt like hmm…well I"m sort of undecided but probably somewhere between 15 and 30 lol depending on the amount of time it takes me to get it up and running. (assuming everything works at the competition)

@3086 Did you actually get 32 points in Robot Skills? Thats pretty impressive. We haven’t really had time to practice Robot Skills but thats definitely a score to be proud of :smiley:

How early are you guys going to be getting to the competition? And have any of you read the rules for the competition? Do we seriously need to wear safety glasses if we’re working on the robot?

thanks! Yeah we did, but 24 is trying to beat us lol. :stuck_out_tongue: We are trying to get there before doors open. I say that about the safety glasses, but im not to sure about it.

lol, hopefully we will be able to give you a run for your money. Are you planning on improving your score? It would be cool to have a bunch of us break the world record lol

yes!!! that would be fun, lol. cool,what scores do u guys get in your skills?

To be honest we really haven’t had the chance to fully test our skills. We’ve only had the chance to do one robot skills where we had a crude version of our current robot and both times our programming skills has failed due to a variety of reasons. I HOPE we gave better luck this time

oh really, that really sucks. yeah more challenge lol.

WOW
this is going to be HUGE! :slight_smile:
good luck to all teams that will be competing!

I believe that teams that did not , repeat,did not attend a third district or out of state regional should recieve 8 to 12 hours of open bag time. This would even things up and take this championship to the level it should be. This is something FiM can do quickly and it is only fair.

:slight_smile:

(10 Pennsylvania Dutch chars)