Thursday January 26, 2012 is national “Thank Your Mentor Day”
This is a wonderful opportunity for teams to give their mentors special thanks and to publicize the important work the mentors do.
Remember the technical and the non-technical mentors, such as the engineers, teachers, parents, college students and other adults who may help your team.
Tell your community how important your mentors are to your team!
• Contact your local media [newspaper, TV station, and social media] for a story about your mentors and your team.
• Recognize your mentors at your school during morning announcements.
• Send an e-card through www.whomentoredyou.org or other sites.
• Organize an open house for the team’s community, with special recognition highlighting the mentors.
• Write a thank you note. Include a picture of the team.