2019 NorCal RI3D Teaser

We are a collection of VRC alums from NorCal. After three days of blood, sweat, and more sweat, we’re proud to present our RI3D. Let us assure you that this is not a robot you want to miss.

Linked below is a short teaser. Be sure to look out for the full reveal coming soon. Obviously, we won’t be answering any questions until the reveal is released.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I bet it’s a robot. I’m calling right here right now that it’s a robot.

17 Likes

Nice scissorlift! That thing looks like it could get super tall. Perhaps the intake mechanism is something that would have to lift up over the entire stack, like many vertical intakes we’ve seen so far?

norcal_vex_scissor

Anyone want to postulate what the blurry part on the lower left is? I think it’s just the top of the scissor lift. Of course, @NorCal-Robotics isn’t going to show the intake design…

com%20-%202019_norcal_vex_ri3d_teaser_UdWEh9wgae4_1080p-f000079

That, or they’re just stalling for enough time to build the intake. :smile:

Can’t wait to see the full reveal!

7 Likes

It’s probably just a pushbot tbh

5 Likes

Bruv no leeks please.

3 Likes

I doubt they’d build a scissor lift. The video is probably a decoy, and the real one is just an RD4B.

5 Likes

Thicc Schlift big power

Nah, it’s a guy with wires taped to him running around knocking over towers

7 Likes

A very valid point, for sure. This is worth investing further.

4 Likes

It seems like it’d be a lot of effort for them to build a scissorlift robot just for a decoy, considering these are a lot more complicated than DR4Bs…

While scissorlifts were definitely worse for ITZ (which everyone remembers), they actually did pretty well in Skyrise (which this game is arguably more similar to). Look at AURA’s McChicken robot. I think it’s far too early to assume that DR4Bs/DR6Bs are the only viable solution.

2 Likes

:eyes:
Looking forward to the reveal!

Must take a lot of mayo to build the scissor lift !

That’s what they want you to think. It has to be an elevator.

2 Likes

This thing looks super tippy ngl
Scissor lifts are trash

1 Like

Oh no, they figured out what my teams design will be!

6 Likes

inb4 its a schlong boi

1 Like

Scissor gang? Is it gonna happen this year?

1 Like

(At the end of the video) this looks a lot like a scissor lift to me

2 Likes

Never thought I’d say this, but I think I’m on #scissorgang this year :0

5 Likes

i’m excited to see what it is!!!