21000C Back2School Tournament Highlights

10 Likes

That topple though XD. But it’s good to know that you definitely should never go that high.

5 Likes

I committed to that stack way too hard I should have given up since the bottom cube was too low in the intake. I need to practice that more.

I’d be interested to see if that stack would be able to stay up without having to depend on outside factors. Ex. If there’s a slight push from a fan etc.

@qwerty2 it probably would fall on its own, knowing the horrible friction of those cubes lol

That robot which couldnt deploy its tray lol
That’s gonna be me

2 Likes

stacks are actually pretty good at staying up from my experience, i’m usually able to get 13 fairly nicely without anything falling, it’ll fall of u hit it but it’s good at keeping itself together otherwise

3 Likes

So your robot is the one with the giant claw

yes (20 characters why)

I’ve never seen a robot with a claw that could pick up so many cubes, you’ll probably have the best clawbot at worlds, very nice. i’ve tried building a 3 cube claw but it wasn’t powerful enough.

1 Like

We have a 5:1 ratio on our intake, with a 100rpm gearbox. Also recommend using foam on top of mesh for the best compression. Thanks for the compliment!

2 Likes

No, that the drivers weren’t moving meaning no vibration in the floor as well as they were no air conditioner/fans around it. And I do ■■■■■■■ homework or anything in that mood except for the robots would have destroyed it

The tournament display, what was displayed on the screen?

Most likely the time

i didn’t understand any of that comment

2 Likes

I was using voice type and didn’t realize it messed up half the words lol

2 Likes

Facing the audience was a live video and score for the current match. Facing teams was just the time

2 Likes

I guess you went to the tournament.

I was one of the event staff

2 Likes

Nice, so you setup the moniters? I was thinking doing the same as well with my low budget field, since I have an extra monitor which has no other purpose.