I’m very open to constructive criticism if you have any for me. I don’t check the VexForums often, so the best way of contacting me is on Discord. My tag is @Unionjackjz1#2963 and I just messaged you on there.
We believe the intake is the reason we lost states. The rest of the robot was very solid and not having any problems. We build this robot in a week, and spent 3 weeks on the intake. We should have taken this as a clue that the passive was problematic and changes should be made, but we didn’t.
At states, after every match we had to replace the zipties. We tested different brands of zipties on our intake and found the best ones, but the problem was they were weak. Around 30 cones the intake was perfect, then it would miss about 20% of cones. It would stay like that until the zipties broke. Replacing a chunk of your robot every single match will not give you consistent results, and this caused our intake to give inconsistent results.
Sorry for the rant, but we’ve been doing passive intakes all season and this passive worked the best when it worked, but gave us the most trouble overall.