2381C Late Season Reveal

Lol just so you know this was with 0 minutes driver practice, no sensors active, and about 4 minutes after we finished the rebuild. I didn’t bother editing until now. Oops. Anyways enjoy.

6M Turbo DDrive
4M HS 1:5 Lift
1M torque 1:9 mogo
1M torque 1:3 adjustment arm.

15 cones is the highest stack possible on an internal mogo.
6 on an external mogo (before it tips over from the release)
7 cones on stationary.
Ridiculously elevated base.
Non-Omni anti-tips
4" omni drive
30 hole long chassis, 35 hole wide.

Feel free to ask questions, give feedback, the whole lot. srsly we need feedback (welcome to the life of a first-year team with literally 0 experience).

I’ve attached pictures//close ups.
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG

That is a heavy boi. Try to not use 5 wide and use as many half cuts as possible. Also, I think I see steel maybe, don’t use steel.

This is really good for a first year team. There is a lot of swaying in the lift, which is probably the biggest issue with your robot.

Some tips on your lift:
-Your lift mount has a bunch of unnecessary moving parts
-Some more bracing is needed

General Tips:
-Take off rubberbands on your robot overnight, so you don’t bend the metal
-Make sure you are using screw joints as much as possible.
-Make sure the bars on the top and bottom of the DR4B are parallel.

Hope this helps!

You are correct. The entire bottom of the robot is steel (chassis rails, 5 wide, mogo intake). We didn’t have the budget to buy aluminum for the base (which is why we ended up with a 25 hole long robot) and now we have antitips. Will work on lightening it (if we make it to state).

Do you know how we could brace our lift? There’s no way for us to do it across using bars because then we hit the mogo intake.

could you use an X brace on the top part of your lift? It has some noticeable lean

We tried - won’t fit. If we can get through to provs we’re probably going to do a rebuild with a longer chassis and more rear-oriented mogo intake as long with more spacing+bracing on the lift.

The bot could use more driver practice and fine tuning, but you guys have great motor distribution. If you push it, you could probably win your state competition.

Thanks! We’ll try our best, although a lot of the teams in Ontario have been to worlds before so I don’t know how strong we would be (as a just-started team). We’ll try our best - driver practice every spare moment from now on, fine tuning will occur once we have a bit of driver feedback.

Nice job! I think that you could benefit from aligning the gears on the top and bottom of your lift.

I don’t quite understand…The gears at the back connecting the two 6-bars?

Yes, those. It looks to me like your top 4-bar is at least 10 degrees off from the bottom one, which will introduce stress, and nonlinearity to your lift.

Fixed it - the screws/standoffs holding the second stage on weren’t tight enough and that was causing the lift to “twist” around the connection point. (in blue).
Capture.JPG