3303z Tower takeover mini reveal

https://youtu.be/yEFJlzLa_AI Or robot isn’t completed yet. 360p was intended for quality

15 Likes

Thank you for demonstrating how sometimes the cube can be forced out by nudging the tower. I haven’t been able to access a field yet, so that was cool to see!

2 Likes

Good job so far! It really is crazy how easy these can be descored from the towers.

1 Like

Nice! I hope tower poles don’t break due to robots slamming into them.

1 Like

So for robot’s intakes, I was wondering if something like this where it can only hold one cube at a time will be viable, due to the time you consume just by going back and forth per cube. I have spent quite a bit of time researching designs proposed so far, and it seems those that can pick up more than one cube at a time (mainly designs pulled from skyrise or 81K’s videos) will provide a level of efficiency these types of designs cannot. Am I missing anything?

1 Like

We are not finished with the robot. We have something we haven’t put in yet that will allow us to hold 8 cubes at once and the cubes will he easily accessible. I cannot say what we aren’t going to add. No leekz

2 Likes

I get that, and I just was curious about this strategy if it was equally as viable. I am curious as to what you put in, and hopefully, it works well for you :grin:

Great early robot. I was wondering, do the conveyors ever slip on the cubes?

(I’m on this team) but the reveal was mainly to demonstrate tower capabilities. Another mechanism is being created to allow for stacking.

1 Like

The side rollers do drop the cubes sometimes but they are pretty good and we still have a lot of improvements to make on them

1 Like

Thank you. Our cubes haven’t arrived yet so I was curious about how they work.

What rpm are you running in the intake motor at? Is there a external reduction, it looks pretty slow? Also have you had any problems with the cube not being aligned?

So the intake is running at 100 rpm output speed because we don’t have the right motor cartridges but we plan to increase it. As for intaking cubes they don’t have to be very aligned as the intake sort of reorients them

1 Like

What mechanism are you going to use for your cube holder?

No leaks :shushing_face: :shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

Random stuff

2 Likes

Great job, but why aren’t you using a flywheel. It’s the most optimal strategy, because there’s no need to lift when you could just shoot.

4 Likes

Only true chads have a passive catapult to get a tower in autonomous :eyes:.

2 Likes

Just put the cube on an expanding part of the bot and watch it fly when it expands

2 Likes

I did this early in ITZ. I had a claw on an arm that passively swung out. I put a cone in it and it threw the cone across the field.

I almost hit ref once.

2 Likes

These are all great ideas but I think I’ll stick with mine :joy: