3D Printing Parts

Hi, I was wondering if we are allowed 3d print parts for the competition.

If you read the game manual, 3D printed custom license plates are legal (see the manual for specific size restrictions). Using 3D printing for any functional parts is not allowed.

2 Likes

correct 3D printed parts have to be non functional
like the license plates in VRC
in VEXU however you can print functional parts
also FYI check the category of the post, this got put in NBN
Not a problem but it throws some people off

1 Like

I know you can’t have 3d printed parts for IQ so I’m pretty sure you can’t have 3d printed parts for vrc

There’s no need to be “pretty sure” when we can read the game manual! The relevant rule here is R6:

So, in general, VRC teams can’t use 3D-printed parts. But two rules provide specific exceptions:

Non-functional decorations can be made from any material or technique, including 3D printing.

16 Likes

Just a heads up, you put this in the #vrc-discussion:vrc-nothing-but-net-15-16 category. It’s much more applicable in the #vrc-discussion category.

(edit: it’s been moved now)

Edit by me: @jpearman simple request, but when you edit my post could you put like edit by moderator or something other than just edit? I know it’s insignificant this time, but just on principle I don’t like other people saying things on my behalf.

5 Likes

Ok, Thanks for all the help so soon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.