4208A Tower Takeover Early Season Reveal

Check out the early season reveal for 4208A’s Tower Takeover robot.
6 Likes

Pretty n e a t for early season. I was thinking about using something like this for a few days after the game reveal but as you have found out, it’s not great at stacking. If you have any ways to get around that I would love to hear it. You could maybe tilt the intake farther forward so it drops cubes more vertically. Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s a great start, I’d consider something without the angle so you can stack more than ~3 cubes at a time. Big cubes this year means stacks WILL exceed robot size

2 Likes

That is a very good design. How many motors does it use? V5 or Cortex?

2 Likes

I can see V5 motors, I think there are 2 on the lift, 4 on the drive, and one on the intake

1 Like

I just recently converted to V5. It uses 4 motor 200 rpm drive, 2 motor 100 rpm lift, 2 motor 100 rpm intake.

2 Likes

Could you possibly use a pneumatic system to change the angle of the intake mechanism to 90 degrees for a cleaner stack? This is a really good design!

2 Likes

I could, but im gonna have it deploy to 90 degree angle. I dont want to sacrifice motors for pneumatics

2 Likes

Interesting Tower bot. Like others have alluded to, stacking cubes is a must. If that motor count above is correct, you still have one more motor to put on that angle changer.

Of course, you’d need a 1 motor lift. Which is easy in V5.

1 Like

Im using all 8 motors, one motor lift is possible. Im making a deploying intake which folds into the robot so its in spec

2 Likes

anything deploying shouldn’t need a motor, just rubber bands.

2 Likes

Im currently working on a deployment system. And yes I know I dont need a motor to do that.