4591D initial design

Hey guys, here’s my initial CAD of my team’s robot. It’s not finished, as there’s going to be a flywheel behind the tray, and I’m using Cortex, so keep the constraints in mind. We’re using a dual controller setup, so we can get the most out of the robot, and we already have a skills path planned to max out. Any thoughts are appreciated!

7 Likes

so is the thing above the triangular prism on the lift like a scoop like you could find on a bucket loader?

The triangular prism is a wedge, and the green cylinders are intake rollers. The intake rollers are gonna be a bit futher down, actually on the wedge, and they’re gonna feed the balls onto the tray, and we’re gonna have a flywheel behind and above the tray, so that’s gonna launch them.

1 Like

You use Blender right?

Looks like Tinkercad maybe?

That looks like it is definitely tinkercad.

1 Like

if you want to get a free student license to fusion 360 to CAD you can

Fusion 360 or Inventor are both a lot better than Tinkercad

1 Like

Or if your computer doesn’t have enough storage for that, try out OnShape.

I like it! can’t wait to see the finished product!

Yeah, I had to use TinkerCad at first. I’m working on a more detailed model in SketchUp, That’ll be done in about a week

Here’s our final design, for those of you who were wondering. I know, I know, dead thread, but I wasn’t about to make another for the purpose of showing the same bot.

4 Likes

It’s good to see this come to fruition, but do you have any photographs of the robot that aren’t blurry? It’s hard to make out specifics of the design, and I’m a curious person

2 Likes

I have many questions.

8 Likes

Really Taran?

3 Likes

Sadly, this is a screenshot from a zoom call. I’ll be with the robot tomorrow night(around 7 eastern time), so I can take some then, but my webcam’s not much better. We’re also rebuilding some stuff tomorrow.

4 Likes

I dont see a flywheel at the end. Did you guys scrap that part?

Yeah. The original had a single ball capacity, this currently has a 3 ball, but it’s a bit too big, so we’re modifying it to be a 2 ball.

2 Likes