536C U.S. Open Robot Reveal

Hey guys,

Here’s team 536C’s robot reveal for the CREATE U.S. Open! Sorry for the late post, we were busy working on a new robot for World’s. Hopefully we will be able to release a video of the World’s robot soon, it’s a pretty unique idea that we’re pretty sure has never been done before in VEX.

See you in Iowa!

Excellent robot, good luck at U.S. Open. I hope were in the same division.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you guys compete again. Same divsion would be great.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all tomorrow. Stop by and say “Hi” to a local Council Bluffs team, 3018 Techna Pwn Robotics.

Great robot!!
I have a question though, how do you hang while your anti-tips are sticking out so far?
When you bring your robot up, wouldn’t the anti-tips dig against the ground, and therefore stop you from hanging?

The anti-tips are actually very easily removed since they are mounted on linear sliders so we remove them for situations such as skills whenever we would like to hang.

@536 Xavier Robotics How do you align your hang so quickly?

Honestly just a lot of practice. We also have put a parabolic curve on our joystick so at lower power it is much easier to control the robot while still being able to reach top speeds.

Could you show the code for the curve?

We are currently on the road but I will try to share it once we have time.

#dankpants

Good song

What is the name of the song used? We’re having a school robotics battle and it’d be cool to play it.

Song is: Eshara - Mark Petrie

Team 536C had a great time competing at the US Open competition this past weekend. We were apart of the number one seed alliance in the green division along with our captain team 6135W, CHHS Bruins W from Kentucky, and 202, Slim Margins from Wisconsin. This was an amazing alliance to work with and we are very happy to have won the 2017 US Open with them. Looking forwards to Worlds in two weeks!

Good luck at Worlds!! We’ll be watching you guys!! You guys were an awesome partner at the US Open, so happy we won!

probably

motor[someDrive] = pow( (vexRT[someChannel] / 127) , 2)*127;

vexRT[someChannel] is scaled down to 1 by dividing by 127 and then squared for the “parabolic effect” (effectively making everything near 0 closer to 0 thereby rendering the robot more controllable–e.g. 20% on the joystick would be scaled down to 4% power on the robot) then scaled back up to 127.

If you’re actually doing this, make sure to account for the negative values as well.

Ah, I totally overlooked that, thanks.
Fixed:

int drvVal = vexRT[someChannel];
int sign = (drvVal<0)?-1:1
motor[someDrive] = sign * pow( drvVal / 127, 2)*127;

That code works, but it would be much simpler to use the built-in sgn() function.
I have a similar kind of parabolic drive and it looks like this:

Speed = sgn(Speed)*pow(Speed,2)/127;