6/14 Slapshot Manual Update - Purple Dispensers

The provided description found in the game manual update is helpful. However, right now I’m 2 for 4 on shafts breaking. There is not currently a good / realistic way to purchase replacements 4 pitch plastic motor shaft that I can find. Buying an $8.49 + shipping pack just to get 2 replacement shafts feels really bad. Is there any way we can get a pack of 20 for the same $8.49?

2 Likes

I had already posted this 2022 - 2023 VEX IQ Competition - Slapshot - #113 by Foster

I want the entire purple dispenser kit, so I can snap in / snap out a new one then replace the broken one.

4 Likes

I agree, I have been limiting my use on the purple dispenser and I think vex should ship out the kits with a metal shaft. I know it could harm some damage to Vex but none of us want our competition to be a mess cause a plastic shaft on the purple dispenser broke.

Big Brain Idea: Let the mechanism spin either way. If a robot dispenses discs the wrong way, they leave the field. That is not in their best interest, would rarely happen and removes the damage to the game element potential.

13 Likes

That’s actually kind of smart: remove the ratchet entirely; anyone who spins it backwards will dispense a disc out the back, which is of no use to them. I’m not sure what would happen to the discs on top, but other than that, it seems fine.

1 Like

Wouldn’t the discs just jam into the back standoffs and then create the exact same problem?

Or if there are some discs already dispensed, wouldn’t the arm then lift and jam the discs into the top of the cage the discs are loaded in and create the exact same problem?

4 Likes

Whoops never thought of that!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am confident that your question isn’t rhetorical. I will continue to think and experiment and see if I have any adjustments to my suggestions.

3 Likes