62A VEX Change Up Reveal

Hey everyone! Team 62A is proud to present our Change Up robot, Vader. Please check out our reveal below and we hope you enjoy!!

Specs:

• 4 motor drive 200 rpm 5:3 on 3.25" wheels
  • 2 motor intakes 600 rpm
  • 1 motor bottom rollers 600 rpm
  • 1 motor top rollers 600 rpm (1:1 on first roller, 3:1 on last two)
  • 1 motor intake opener 600 rpm 2:15
  • 1 motor hood deploy 600 rpm 1:7

See you at worlds!

76 Likes

wow this is clearly over the motot limit no wonder why it is so good

12 Likes

Looks a little tall, too… Is this a VEXU robot, or a non-competing one? But a very impressive robot, and reveal!

4 Likes

It seems to be in size, just with a crazy amount of flipouts.

I think that a lot of the sub-systems were controlled by motor sharing mechanisms as there’s some interesting stuff going on in some of the clips (one example was the slip gear intake spreader).

6 Likes

Super clean. Whats the weight? Did you use a probe lens?

2 Likes

Amazing bot, and fantastic reveal video. I love how well you’ve used those tiny flex wheels, they seem to handle the balls very well.

8 Likes

Reveal of the year don’t @ me

5 Likes

What camera gear did you use for the shots?
Insane reveal tho

1 Like

Whoa. That was a great reveal. Takes the cake for best Change Up reveal so far in my book. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Epic.

Still epic.

K, that was great.

Cannot give this post enough likes.

8 Likes

Yes we are clearly over the motor limit. Definitely didn’t use any motor sharing!

10 Likes

This robot is 100% high school legal, including the sizing. We use a lot of deploys to help us stay in size. Thanks though!!

9 Likes

We used a probe lens in addition to a bunch of other camera gear. The camera we used was a Sony AIIIr and an iPhone 12 for some shots. I’m not sure exactly what the weight is, but my guess is 18-20 pounds (I’m very sad I won’t get to play any defense with it at worlds lol).

Thank you all for the kind words and I’m glad you all enjoyed!!

4 Likes

Thank you!! We spent all year tuning intakes and I believe these are ideal for descoring. It’s all 2" flex wheels mounted on a completely custom lexan bracket.

5 Likes

Gotta love it when a robot reveal has you rewatching over and over and smashing the period and comma keys on your keyboard.

32 Likes

Did you post “Vader” on Star Wars day on purpose?

Also epic robot, great work! Love the intro

4 Likes

May the 4th be with you all! (Yes we did lol, and thank you!)

19 Likes

62 lookin like the kanagasabapathys again
we win theeeeeese

10 Likes

Now the question we ask ourselves is what is the best 62 bot of all time. Vader or the 2015 bot?

Why not both?
62 CU plus SR.190 62 CU plus SR.191

18 Likes

This is a very very good robot.

4 Likes