67101C Tipping Point "Lobster Bot" Leaks

Hello,

67101C has been busy since the game reveal and we are proud to share some leaks of our robot. This is our prototype “Lobster Bot”. It uses 1 motor to power the two 4 bars that lift the mobile goal off the ground. We are planning on adding some more mechanisms to the other side of the robot, but right now it is very front heavy and needs to be held down. The 4 bars have full 360 degree range of motion. Any comments and feedback are appreciated!

15 Likes

Very smart to have it go around the outside, I’d just note but from the video I think it doesn’t grip under the lip of the goal which is probably better and more stable and I suspect it’s probably how most teams will do it (and are doing it from what I’ve been able to see). Otherwise very cool.

4 Likes

We do have a couple standoffs wrapped in rubber bands that lift under the goals. They just aren’t very visible from the side.

4 Likes

Nice - but it does seem to push the expansion limit of 36" point to point when deployed.

Did you measure? the outer sides of both lift arms at start will be limited to 18" at start of competition.

[yes I do know it is a proof of concept - meant to ask those questions.]

3 Likes

Just did some measurements to confirm what I thought.

The starting size for the robot is 14in by 17.5in by not tall.

When fully extended, the arms add another 16 holes in length to the robot. This puts its length at 25.5 in. This puts our longest diagonal at just over 29 inches.

6 Likes

I am curious, what caused you to dub your robot a “lobster bot”? It doesn’t really scream lobster to me at the moment.

4 Likes

To be fair, snail bots didn’t look a ton like snails either (although I guess the comparison is better there)

1 Like

That’s a shrug bot (which doesn’t take up 20 characters).

The Change Up snailbot was an inspiration based on the Elevator and also Round-up snailbots.

And that previous 2 generations of snailbot really looked like snail.

5 Likes

It isn’t very obvious from the side, but looking at it from the top, it looked like a lobster too me.

15 Likes

And for anyone who does not know what those robots look like, here’s some videos:

Elevation (team 40B)

Round Up (Various Chinese Teams)

7 Likes