It looks pretty good. The robot in the shots from 0:04 to 0:14 have a large angled conveyor extension, but it’s missing in the shot of the robot scoring 3 cubes. Was that an older version of the robot or something?
I would try to get is as close to 100% as possible. In many cases, one rock solid, consistent autonomous is much better than multiple ones that “might” work. But from what I’ve seen so far, you probably won’t have any issues making it better with some Encoders or other sensors.
Also, if the initial position makes a difference, I would highly recommend you make some sort of a jig or template to align it. It really only needs to be cardboard or something simple, but will help a lot.
Just returned from the first scrimmage. We won the whole thing!
The 12 point autonomous didn’t work well, but the backup 3~4 pt autonomous was still enough to bring the autonomous bonus to our side.
I will be posting vids/pics as soon as I get home.
Yes, now that we have some time before the next competition we will really refine it to ensure decent accuracy.
Autonomous was a really important aspect of the game, especially when the robot quality are similar. Considering that the top score in this scrimmage by one alliance was around 40 points, autonomous did play a huge role in many of the matches.
The pneumatic plunger/scissor intake (scissor based on how it works) does help save a bit of time as the squeeze/release motion when trying to score the skyrise onto the base is unnecessary. In this particular scrimmage lack of drive practice and hurriedness made me miss a section or two, but otherwise it can get really accurate.
I do not have a close up for the intake, but I will post the pictures up soon.
Yes, that is true. However, I realised this immediately after filming and made the robot back off a bit after scoring, which eliminates the problem.
I couldn’t help but notice that you guys are from CI, I just wanted to say you are doing an amazing job with your robot! Your autonomous routines are far better than mine! Keep up the great work!
Hello, it’s really nice to hear from someone in PV!
We are competing on a tournament at Japan tomorrow (due to the lack of competition in Korea). The autonomous has been changed into a more reliable 8-point routine, and as the driver skills goes, drivers can stash 4 skyrise sections in 35 seconds.
Because everyone was busy in last two weeks preparing for this competition, I was not able to upload anything or visit forums often. Some upload will come after this competition, though, as we don’t have anything until the nationals on January.
The motors are geared to 160RPM, and the lift goes up to its full height in 3 seconds (this may have changed a little because the robot is constantly being modified here and there). The motor attached to the vertical slide, however, has a wider range of motion than most of the other motors used in this manner, therefore requiring less torque and more speed to achieve the same effect. (I personally think that this wide range of motion gives an extra support to the scissor because the link to the motors are higher up when fully extended)
P.S. We’ve tried using 240RPM’s on the lift, which works fine with 2 cubes (2 sec lift time). However, the arms were unnecessarily fast since if the arm was raised while the base was moving towards a post, the arm would already be raised even before reaching the posts. Plus, extra torque means no motor stalls…