9457B & 9457W State Reveal

9457B is proud to present our 2020 State Reveal along with our friends at 9457W!

Hope you enjoy and give feedback!

30 Likes

Hmmmm yes, quite nice

2 Likes

Thanks for the sick edits😤

3 Likes

Just wondering, why does one of the robots have pulleys on stand-offs, but the other bot has wheels on flip out bars for anti-tips.

1 Like

I guess that would be up to the builder/designers choice. I personally as the builder for 9457B (the one with onmi wheels on the antitip) choose to use onmi wheels as we are able to keep them firmly pressed into the ground without hindering our turning. This made use significantly more stable, and we only start to rock a little once we have 11 cubes intaked, but the front wheels never leave the ground. I cannot speak for 9457W for why they chose their design, but I am sure there is a good reason.

3 Likes

I like the other two robots at 1:04
Jokes aside, like it! Just a question, is the cube latch that (9457W?) uses passive or active? I’ve been doing some thinking through and there’s mention of passive and active designs.

2 Likes

Very nice bots! Especially like the cube lock. Good reveal guys!

2 Likes

We both use a very similar design. It consists of a passively raising bar to stop the cubes from falling (a rubberband raises it). When the arms raise, there is nothing to keep the locks from moving upward, so they raise, when the arms come back down, they hit the locks, pushing them back down.

6 Likes

Thank you, it took lots of effort to make. I’m glad you enjoyed!

2 Likes

looks nice
i finally have the ammo i need to convince my team leader to let me make a thin robot that can double stack

3 Likes

Most definitely! Having a robot that is 13” or smaller is super important. This allows you to easily get 2 stacks in a corner, which adds roughly 50% to your match score on average. Not only that, but it makes driving and maneuvering so much easier.

6 Likes

dope bots, I got away with 13.5 in with mecanums, so worth!

1 Like

I’m confused here…is the cube lock triggered when the lift moves up or when the angler moves to a certain degree?

wait…never mind. I see at 0:33 that it triggers when the lift comes up. Cool Robot!

I also got away with 13.5 mecanums

I think because we can strafe into the wall and line up perfectly, we can get away with it

Editing for a question:
How well do your intakes pick up cubes at a 45 degree angle?

2 Likes

I’m sorry I can’t count lol.

How many cubes can you guys stack?

Also amazing robot and video!

Yeah, when I did the math back when I made the drivebase, I believe the max you could be and get two stacks while aligned straight with the zone was either 13.5" or 14". I like being smaller however as it makes it easier to get two stacks in the zone, as well as making driving easier.

1 Like

9457B can stack 11 cubes and 9457W can stack 9. Thank you!

Our intake (9457B) picks up angled cubes extremely well. Any cube at an angle up to 45 degrees is picked up with no difficulty, and cubes at a perfect 45 degree angle are either picked up just as well or s slight wiggle/turn while grabbing them gets the cube to come right up.

3 Likes

Yup, when the arms move up, they allow the cube lock to move upward (due to rubberbands). When the arms are lowered, they push it back down.

1 Like