About the Cube Intake of the robot

Hello, it is my very first time on being part of Vex Robotics Competition and we were wondering how to make the cube intake part of the robot. Can anyone teach me the procedure on how to make the cube intake? Thank you all very much!

1 Like

By cube intake do you mean intakes featured and your normal tray bot (although they do vary in designs) or do you mean something else?

Yes, the front part of the robot where it takes in the cubes for the Tower Takeover Competition.

1 Like

Those are fairly easy to build. There are two different styles of them that I have mainly seen =, the regular ones, or the stacked ones. My team has built the regular ones which are much quicker and easier to build.

You simply take two gears (high sprocket are good) and two small c-channels. Sandwich the gears in between the two c-channels, and attach the motor (we use torque, or the red cartridges) to the motor in the back so its not touching the floor. Add some treads and that is pretty much it. If you like I can send a picture of our intakes in the morning (in about 13-14 hours). Hope this helps.

1 Like

Ohh I see, I’d appreciate it if you take a picture for me! Thank you so much:)

1 Like

Uploading: 7A42D0FD-B9BE-4A00-9878-F4E1398E930D.jpeg… Uploading: C122F576-5F47-465B-A1A4-BF5E9DF73104.jpeg…

If it didn’t work let me know and I can try sending it again later.

I tried to open it several times but it doesn’t work. Will you try sending this again?

1 Like

Yes I will. Sorry about that. I sent it at my school and the WIFI doesn’t always work. I will send it in a few minutes.

1 Like

2 Likes

That looks… very jank. But if it works out works.

1 Like

What do you mean by very jank? I am a bit confused.

It can intake 9-10 cubes just so you know (not being rude here).

1 Like

what is the purpose of the rubber bands strangling all your flaps?

1 Like

It seems as if it’s gonna cause the flaps to peel off the chain.

Ok.

So my team was messing around after the competition and they suggested putting on rubber bands on the flaps for fun and running the intakes to amuse them.

I didn’t have time to take them off for the pictures because they take a while to get off.

But they serve no purpose what-so-ever for the actual game. Putting them on flips the cubes actually.

5 Likes

From Google:
“of extremely poor or unreliable quality.”

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This will definitely help :grinning:

2 Likes

If you found the solution, please select solution for one of the answers, it shows up as if you still need help if you don’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.