Acceleration Ramping or Linear Filters in EasyC

I have multiple teams competing this year and students working to find out how use Acceleration Ramping or Linear Filters in EasyC. We can find plenty of people that have shown how do it in robotC or C++ but they look like Hieroglyphic cave paintings to us. In our attempts we have just been making robots dance around to Gangnam Style needlessly. Has anyone out there come up with a way that works that can tell us where we are falling off course?

It’s a little more work to enter the graphical objects but it can be done. The main thing you need to do is to use a variable to store the input from the joystick instead of passing it directly to the motor. Then you can also use a variable to store the last value of the joystick input. and if you have the current input and the last input you could write a smoothing function between the 2 values. The amount of dragging and dropping and manipulation becomes a bit difficult in easy C but it is achievable. you don’t get to use all the Easy C blocks however. as they seem to be designed to take data straight from the joystick to the motors. One of the reasons I’ve stopped using Easy C is the need to re-write the basic functions to accept input from a variable so the variable could be populated from a joystick or a user program (autonomous).

If the robot C code looks like cave paintings I’m not sure how to talk you through doing this in easy C but I know it can be done because I have done it in the past, it just became easier to me to work in a platform which you have to write everything from scratch as to do advanced functions in Easy C you really need to write them from scratch.

There are some very powerful capabilities in easy C to allow this if you want to / need to.

Cheers Kb

In the next few days I am off of school and will give it a shot in easyc but the idea behind ramping is as stated above you add a constant to the motor power until it equals the joystick value.