Allocation of Worlds Qualification Spots

The official document says:

By “highest ranked state skills challenge scores” does it mean at the actual State Tournament, or from the whole season, in that state? For example:
There are 3 spots to give out.

Who gets the extra 3 spots? Is it B (2nd PSC), G (2nd RSC), and C (3rd PSC), because they got the scores at state?
Or is it D (PSC), H (RSC), and E(PSC), because they have the next highest scores in the state?

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense. The reason for my asking is that some technical difficulties occurred at a recent state tournament and there is some confusion over what is going to happen. Thanks in advance for replying.

Wallaby,
Great question! The unused spots should be given to the highest ranked Programming and then Robot Skills posted in the state/region/country. In your example, Team D, Team A, and Team E (in that order) would receive invitations if there are three remaining spots. If there were a single remaining spot, it would be given to Team D. To summarize, unused spots will be given to the highest ranked Programming Skills score posted during the season, then the highest ranked Robot Skills score posted during the season. Please let me know if any further clarification is needed. Good luck this season!

Best,
Brad

Just to clarify, I don’t want to annoy anyone: When I talked to the people in charge of allocating spots for my state, they said they talked to the RECF, and were told it was OK to use the rankings from only the state tournament, not the season, and that is what they are doing? I am just wondering because I heard two different things, here, and from them. If further clarification is needed I can PM you. Thanks for responding!

Wallaby,
It sounds like you have asked this question before and perhaps received a slightly different response. Please contact your regional support manager for additional information on exactly how your state will be allocating World Championship spots. To find a list of REC Foundation Regional Support Managers, please visit us at www.roboticseducation.org.

Best,
Brad