Alternate for anti- slip mat

Hello, so we are planning a lift, but we do not have any anti- slip mat. Does anyone know of anything that you can do/ apply to a regular metal track so that you could get the same effect of using a mat.

You could technically use alot rubber bands, however anti-slip mat is going to be a lot cheaper in the long run. Also, remember you do not have to purchase anti-slip mat from the VEX website, you can purchase a functionally identical piece somewhere locally.

You could cut up a field tile and use that.

I don’t know if that would violate any rules as it is a VEX Component?

It would violate <R5b>
Only the VEX Robotics Design System Components specifically designed to be used for Robot construction are allowed. Using additional components outside their typical purpose is against the intent of the rule (i.e. please don’t try using VEX apparel, competition support materials, packaging or other non-robot products on a VEX Robotics Competition Robot).

If you go to Home Depot (preferrably with a small sample of the Vex mat) I think you will find pretty similar stuff you could not tell the difference in the drawer liner area. You would have to cut it no larger than the Vex sized sheets. Black is the only color Vex sells too.

I think this is the same product but can’t say for sure:

“Con-Tact Brand Grip Premium Non-Adhesive Non-Slip Shelf and Drawer Liner”

Or is it Duck Brand?

color is irrelevant.

A dollar store would be another good place to look at.