Analog Sensors returning limited range of values.

So I teach a robotics class using VEX and ROBOTC, and I have an unusual problem. Today, one of the group’s cortexes started refusing to return a complete range of values for analog sensors. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with the sensors, I tried multiple ones. Right now, the pot returns a value from 0 to 98, but it doesn’t seem to be a mechanical issue. It still rotates normally. The light sensor seems to go from 0 to about 150, though I didn’t check this one as closely. I tried redownloading the firmware and everything else I can think of and nothing is working. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Have you tried those same sensors on a different analog port?

On what display are you observing the outputs?

If you have a multimeter, you can check the pot by connecting the leads and observing the changes in resistance.

I will check the other analog ports tomorrow.
I am observing the outputs on the sensor debug window of ROBOTC.
Good idea on the multimeter, I will give that a try, but the problem seems to be happening regardless of the pot attached, I tried three different ones.

Is the main battery charged and turned on?

I think also that the problem is the cortex is off or battery disconnected.
At least for the potentiometer because I’ve been there too. :smiley:

That was definitely it, the battery just needed to be charged. I feel stupid for it being such an obvious mistake. Oh well, at least now I know and I won’t make that mistake again. Thanks everyone for the help.