Answered: Clarification on hanging with a ball

Hi,

I would like clarification on the below stated

“Supported – A Scoring Object is considered to be Supported by a Robot if the Scoring Object moves along with the Robot. i.e. If a referee were to remove a Robot from the field and a Scoring Object came with it, this Scoring Object would be considered to be Supported”

If a robot is hanging and touching a large ball (unsupported), is it considered to be hanging with a ball?

Eg. Robot is collecting and holding the large ball with the help of field elements en route to hanging.

Thanks

We ask you to please thoroughly read the VEX Toss Up Game Manual and to please review the Q&A Usage Guidelines before posting in this forum. Specifically, please quote the rule or definition that your question is referring to.

I’ve quoted the definition of Hanging With A Ball below, and bolded some text for emphasis.

The definition of Hanging With A Ball makes no mention of the term Supported. Thus, whether or not a Large Ball is Supported by a Hanging Robot is irrelevant towards the determination of Hanging With A Ball. As long as a Robot is Hanging, the Large Ball is touching the Robot, not touching a foam field tile, and not touching another non Hanging Robot of your own Alliance, it will count as Hanging With a Large Ball.