I was soldering the ends of an 9.6 battery adapter with the battery in (I forgot about for a while…) to vexnet joystick and battery connections (non-tournament use). I then accidentally let the positive end (after soldering the negative end) touch one of the points on the joystick. This resulted in smoke, and I do not know what I touched.
Now, whenever I turn my joystick on, it gives a constant red light. I’ve tried connecting it to my computer, however it stays with a constant red light. It is not detected by the computer.
Is this beyond my reach? Is it possible to fix this?