Answered: Divisions for Worlds 2018

I was wondering if divisions for worlds this year would be scrambled randomly, similar to last year, or would they follow a pattern where the first team gets placed into the first division, the second team into the second division and so on (this is what Jordan’s division lists look like: https://goo.gl/UM58we)

Thank you so much!

Andrew Chang,
Thanks for the question. Tournament Manager will be used to divide teams into divisions when/where needed. The standard Tournament Manager approach is to alternate placing teams in divisions by number/letter (the second of your examples). Good luck at VEX Worlds!

Best,
Brad

Andrew Chang (and all),
To help clarify, we will be placing teams into divisions via the same method by which we have done so for the past 5 or 6 years. We will sort the list of teams registered by number and letter, and then assign them to each division in alternating order. While I haven’t reviewed each of Jordan’s assignments, the method used appears to be accurate. I hope that this answer is clear and helpful.

Best,
Brad

Andrew Chang (and all),
Division Lists have been posted to the General Information tab on VEXWorlds.com. Good luck at the event!

I also found a video of the VEX Global Ambassador, check it out.