Answered: <G8> Knocking Large Ball of Barrier With Scoring Object

I have searched (as much as I can) the Q&A’s and could not find a similar thread. I have quoted the specific rule for your convenience.

Here is the situation:

Robot A picks up a large ball in the hanging zone and launches it from the hanging zone towards the large ball on the outside edge of the bar. The large ball on the outside edge of the bar falls outside of the playing field because of the contact from the large ball that was launched from Robot A.

What happens to the large ball that fell off the bar and out of the playing field? Where should it be returned to? The robot did not “eject” the large ball on the barrier; the launched large ball did. What should happen? Keep in mind the robot did not intentionally “eject” the scoring object from the field of play.

Thanks Karthik :slight_smile:

EDIT: I misspelled “off” in the title. Can someone please fix that :stuck_out_tongue:

The Large Ball that fell off the barrier would be returned to the Middle Zone.

In general situations like this, the Large Ball from the Barrier would be returned to the Goal Zone if knocked out of play by a Scoring Object launched from the Goal Zone, and would be returned to the Middle Zone if knocked out of play by a Scoring Object launched from the Hanging or Middle Zone.

Awesome! Thanks Karthik :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

1 Like