Answered: Match Load Questions

Q1.
As per SG7:

I assume this means that if the robot which begins in the Isolation Zone wants to receive a Match Load, it can do so from the Alliance Starting Tile in the Interaction Zone.
I.e. The Robots do not have to be on their own starting tile to receive.
Am I reading this correctly, or is this to say that only one Robot in the Alliance may receive Match Loads?

Q2.

As above, does this mean that the robots can swap starting tiles when it comes to loading the special barrels? Or does this mean that the robot which begins in the Interaction Zone must receive the Doubler Barrel; and the Isolation Robot, the Negator?

Q3.
When introducing Match Loads, is it required that the Robot ends up in a Legal Starting Position as per G2? Or is it legal, say, for a robot to have it’s arm raised beyond the 18 inch height limit to receive the Match Load?

Q4.
Finally, just for clarification as I can’t find any ruling on the topic, is a robot required to be stationary during the loading phase? e.g. can a claw robot be controlled via the joystick to grasp the game pieces as they are held in front of it, or would the game pieces need to be placed on the ground for it to grasp when the driver or coach has removed their hands from the field?

Thank you in advance for your time :slight_smile:

Yes, you are correct. There is no restriction on which robot does the Match Loading, only that it happens on the Alliance Starting Tile in the Interaction Zone.

Yes, the same logic from the above question and answer apply. Robots can load from an Alliance Starting Tile of their same colour that they did not start on.

There is no restriction on a robot’s size or configuration during Match Loading.

No, robots do not have to be stationary during Match Loading. The example you stated is legal.

Thanks Karthik :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!