Answered: Microcontroller's Life is Over

Hello Vex Moderators,

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been experiencing some very strange symptoms with my microcontroller. The main problem is that the microcontroller fails to boot up or does it very slowly especially when I plug in motors into the microcontroller. This means that when I turn on the microcontroller the BattPower LED stays Red for a very long time before turning green. Of course the solution to this problem would seem to be a simple: just change/charge the battery but I have tried multiple fully charged batteries with no positive results. The only thing that I can conclude is that the microcontroller has lived its long healthy life and is broken. I’ve also tried downloading the master code and user code multiple times with no good results. Could this be due to some internal component problem, such as the capacitors (maybe not charging/discharging fast enough?) To tell you the truth I have absolutely no idea what is going on? any advice?

Thank you

Technic-R-C

If you can use the same Batteries on other Microcontrollers with all the same connections to the Motor Ports and Analog/Digital Ports, then you have isolated the problem down to the Microcontroller. You will need to contact us for a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number to be able to return the unit to us for repair.