Answered: Pending: Clarification on SG2 - Preloads

Hi Karthik,

Firstly, there’s a slight difference between the definition of preload and the SG2 text above, the definition is missing out the “or the Skyrise Base” section in the above rule, just thought I’d point that out :slight_smile:

Secondly, SG2 has no provisions for if there is no robot for that preload (ie. a No Show). As the manual reads now that seems that it would mean that preload is never used in the match (unlike Toss Up where it could be placed on the tile). This seems like it would be a decent disadvantage to a team that is already 1 robot down.

I don’t expect an answer soon, I expect you’re having a well deserved rest after worlds!

Thanks a lot,
Nathan

This question will be answered after the scheduled June 2nd manual update. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for pointing this out. This has been updated in the latest version of the VEX Skyrise Game Manual.

In the case of a no-show Robot, the Preload must be placed on the field, touching the empty Alliance Starting Tile, and not touching any other grey foam tiles or the Skyrise Base, and fully within the field perimeter.