Answered: R7 (l)

R7 (l)
<R7> Robots are allowed the following additional “non-VEX” components:
l. Commercially available items used solely for the purpose of bundling or wrapping of 2-wire, 3-wire, 4-wire cables, and pneumatic tubing, for the purposes of protection, organization, or management are allowed. This includes but is not limited to electrical tape, cable carrier, cable track, etc. Note: it is up to inspectors to determine whether a component is serving a function beyond protecting and managing cables.

With this in mind, I would assume that commercially available item known as Sugru would be legal to use solely for the purpose of bundling or wrapping of 2-wire, 3-wire, 4-wire cables, and pneumatic tubing, for the purposes of protection, organization, or management. I know it is “moldable” but so are twisty ties. I just want official clarification before we compete in a tournament with it.[attachment:59bdae1dc7e71]

For reference, we are assuming you are referring to the following product known as Sugru: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WW8KIRI/

This would be legal, provided that the Sugru was used solely for the purposes of cable protection, organization, and management. As stated in the portion of R7 that you quoted, it it will be up to inspectors to determine whether this component is serving a function beyond protecting and managing cables.

Update 10/2/17: To be clear, this product should only be used for the purposes of cable organization in the form of “bundling or wrapping” as described in R7L. Using it as if it were a twist tie or traditional wire loom would be acceptable. Using it to reinforce individual cables or connections would not be legal. See these two Q&A posts (one and two) for more details.