Answered: RECF Team Educational Video challenge question

I am considering doing the RECF Team Educational Video challenge and have a question.

1. It says ‘‘This challenge offers robotics competition teams the opportunity to help other schools and clubs learn from their experience. Use your imagination - the only restriction is that it has to contain something useful for a new team to know about competition robotics’’.

Does that mean we just teach people how to do something? I posted a thread about how to use Autodesk Inventor awhile back, and if I do enter this challenge, that would be my basis. But, do I actually teach them how to use it, or just stress the importance of it and then have link in video?

The specific requirement is pretty simple:

If your video and document discussing the use of Autodesk Inventor meets the requirement “to teach a new team what you know about engineering(…)” then your approach will be a good one. In thinking about whether your idea is a good one you might pretend to be a rookie just opening the VEX box for the first time and then reflect on whether your approach would meet the needs of that person. Good luck!