Answered: Surgical Tubing

We were wondering if rule R7’ mention of rubber bands and rope width also applied to the use and legality of surgical tubing and other items alike. If use of such materials is legal, what size limits apply?

We ask you to please thoroughly read the VEX Skyrise Game Manual and to please review the Q&A Usage Guidelines before posting in this forum. Specifically, please quote the rule or definition that your question is referring to.

Let’s take a look at <R7> from the VEX Skyrise Game Manual. I’ve bolded some text for emphasis:

Please note that nowhere in <R7> are rubber bands mentioned. Also, note that only one specific width of rope with, 1/8", is allowed by <R7>. It is important that you carefully read the manually to ensure that you’re following the rules exactly as specified.

There is no specific allowance for surgical tubing. However since VEX Latex Tubing is a part of the VEX EDR product line, it is legal for use in the VEX Skyrise. A link to the full specifications and dimensions is found at the link below.

As per <R7b> you are allowed use any latex tubing that is identical to the tubing shown above. (Difference in color are permitted)

Wow, your answer really cleared things up for us. Excellent clarification, thank you. I’ll refer others to this question if I’m asked.

You’re welcome.

1 Like