In <R15>, it states, “Internal or external electrical or mechanical modifications of VEX Limit and Bumper switches are permitted.”
Are teams allowed to:
- Remove all electronic components from the casing and use the casing for something mechanical? (Drill a hole through, and it becomes a weird bearing block.)
- Remove the casing from the internal electronics and use it as a button switch without any of the housing around it? (In case it needs to fit somewhere really small.)
- Cut the PWM cable from the button/limit switch and use it separately on the robot? (Use the whole strand or 1 of 3 wires for something stringy.)
– Remove the insulation from the PWM cables, using only the metal core? (Wire/twist ties.)
– Create a custom electronic piece from the wiring and manage to create something completely ridiculous? (Coil the wire around a piece of steel, do something to create the right voltage, and use the magnetic field for an electromagnet or solenoid.) *Note, I have no idea if this is even possible on any of the micro controllers, I don’t think it would be very efficient if it did work, and this is probably not a safe use of electronics. However, I do want to know how the rules would handle this sort of thing.