Anti-tip Help

I am having issues with my anti-tips locking in place after then fold out. I also can’t find a way to have them fold out in the beginning of a match.

A way to keep them in place is to have them banded together, so they are constantly pulling each other in, against a stopper. I have something on the ground to hold them in place, and when I drive forward, they flip out.

1 Like

Also posting pictures of what you currently have built would be a huge help

1 Like

I have seen fold out designs where they use rubber bands to pull extended back wheels out , near the c-channels pivot point, there is a bolt that would fall into a hole on the c-channels, this locks the extended wheels in place.

2 Likes

If you have enough room for a small sprocket on your drivetrain axle, put a rubber band on the antitip, then wrap the band onto the small sprocket. So when the robot drives forward, the rubber band releases, causing the antitip to fold out.
Very common release mechanism :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We use what @Connor described, but we put the axle on our tilter. Make sure to attach the rubber and to the anti tip so that it won’t fall off of the robot.

2 Likes

You can also have the anti-tips deploy with friction, where they are folded in at the beginning of the match, but as the robot moves forward the wheels are pulled out and held into place with rubber bands.